The International Journal of Maritime and Interdisciplinary Research (IJMIR) is a double-blind peer reviewed journal that provides a platform for the publication of well researched articles with novel academic discoveries in various disciplines. It was founded in 2019 by the Nigeria Maritime University to disseminate research results from local and international researchers especially in the maritime sector.
The journal (IJMIR) is also supervised by the Research and Development Sector of the Nigeria Maritime University (NMU), Okerenkoko, Delta State, Nigeria. It is published in both print and electronic forms and accepts original research manuscripts. IJMIR reviews Articles and Short Communications from the maritime sector and various disciplines of science, engineering and humanities.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
- To publish bi-annually, empirical and theoretical research articles in interdisciplinary researches.
- To provide a platform for discussing and elucidating ideas, global trends, activities and practices that shape the maritime industry in Nigeria in particular and the world in general.
- To contribute globally to new trends in the maritime sector in a bid to evaluating expectancies envisaged in empirical studies.
International Journal of Maritime and Interdisciplinary Research (IJMIR) has three sub-journals to cater for research articles in the sciences, engineering and humanities. They include:
- Science and Maritime Research Journal (SMRJ).
- Engineering and Maritime Research Journal (EMRJ)
- Humanities and Maritime Research Journal (HMRJ)
The editorial board of the journal shall subject all received manuscripts to double blind peer review as approved by the journal.